Can you believe that all those ingredients above can make a delicious smoothie? I know I couldn’t when I had seen versions of it pop up all over the blogosphere. I finally decided it was time to try it. I have always needed more iron in my diet and figured this would be a good way to get it. I was very surprised at how great it tasted, it was more like an orange and banana smoothie than a spinach tasting one. I do think the smoothie tastes better once it’s really chilled. I ended up shoving the smoothie into the freezer for about 10-15 as I cleaned up my mess. It was nice and cold when I was done and I downed it in no time. I really think you will enjoy this drink!
Yield: 2 servings
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 banana, cut into chunks
- 1 orange, peeled and separated into segments
- 1/2 apple (your favorite variety), peeled, cored, and cut into chunks
- 1/2 lemon, peeled and separated into segments
- 1/2-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Add all ingredients to a blender and puree until smooth and completely combined.
- Drink all at once, or separate into two servings. The smoothie can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one day. It will be thick when coming out of the refrigerator, whisk/stir before drinking.
Source: Brown Eyed Baker