I was rushing out the door on Christmas Eve to get to a friends house for dinner and realized that I had not taken a photo of this dip. I had to quickly snap a photo so I do apologize that the lighting is a bit off. But I can honestly tell you that this dip is just as good as it sounds and I don’t think the photo will take you away from wanting to make it. When I saw this on my Google Reader a few days before Christmas Eve, I was very thankful that I hadn’t quite finished my grocery shopping. I added all the ingredients to list so I could make it.
It tastes just like cookie dough! Serve it with Nilla wafers and graham crackers, or do as I do and eat it with a spoon. Before you start eating healthy when 2012 rolls around, make this dip for New Years Eve and let this be your last indulgence for a couple weeks.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 8-ounce block of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips, plus extra for sprinkling
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the brown sugar until it dissolves and the mixture starts to bubble. Stir in vanilla and set aside to cool.
- In a separate bowl, cream the cream cheese and powdered sugar together for 60 seconds. With the mixer on low speed, add in brown sugar and butter mixture, then the salt. Mix until combined. Stir in the mini chocolate chips.
- Garnish with additional mini chocolate chips. Serve with animal crackers, Nilla wafers or graham crackers.
Source: Sing for your Supper