When I first heard shrimp mousse, I will admit I sorta cringed. When I think of mousse I tend to think of a velvety chocolate dessert, something sweet and certainly not savory. But when I tried it, I learned that mousse can be savory and really delicious! We decided to add this to the menu of my sister-in-law’s baby shower. We were wanting food that was a little different than what is typically served at baby shower. We wanted to stay away from lunch meat since that’s become a no-no for pregnant women. The shrimp mousse really added a special something to food table and we didn’t have much leftover.
- 1 envelope unflavored, clear gelatin
- 2 tbs water
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 8oz package cream cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup onions, diced small
- 1 cup celery, diced small
- 2 4oz cans baby shrimp, drained well
- Spray any type of mold, bunt pan, bowl with cooking spray, set aside.
- Combine gelatin and water in medium saucepan set over medium heat. When the gelatin is dissolved, add cream of mushroom soup and cream cheese, cook until combined and creamy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Take off heat and add the mayo, onion, celery and shrimp, stir till combined. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into prepared mold and chill for at least 8 hours or overnight.
Source: Gina Marie’s Kitchen