Going to start off the week with one of my favorite dips, spinach and artichoke. We always end up ordering this when we go out to eat at a restaurant. The whole family enjoys it and it’s a fight for who will finish it off. Awhile back I decided I should try making this at home so we can enjoy it whenever we want. I finally found my go to recipe through Alton Brown. He is always spot-on with his recipes, but I did end up modifying this a little. The recipe is fast and easy, which I love. He had everything cooking on the stove and microwave, but I wanted to finish it off in the oven with melted cheese on top. That’s what took the dip to a whole new level. Serve this with tortilla chips or 1/2 inch sliced pieces of a French Baguette. You won’t miss your favorite restaurant dip again.
Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip:
- 1 cup thawed, chopped frozen spinach
- 1 1/2 cups thawed, chopped frozen artichoke hearts
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Boil spinach and artichokes in 1 cup of water until tender and drain. Discard liquid.
- Heat cream cheese in microwave for 1 minute or until hot and soft. Stir everything but the mozzarella together and place in a 9 inch pie plate. Sprinkle the mozzarella on top and bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown on top. Serve.
Source: Adapted from Alton Brow via Food Network