If you have kids and they are like mine, pasta could be eaten every single day without complaint. That is why I like to find new recipes for pasta. It gets boring eating the same things all the time. I found this recipe and wanted to see if we could add this to our arsenal of pasta recipes. The family loved it and now we have a new pasta recipe to go to.
I doubled the recipe and poured the sauce over the uncooked tortellini and baked it. Next time I make this, I will make more of the sauce then the recipe calls for. The pasta soaked up what sauce there was and it wasn’t as creamy as I would have liked. I’ve adjusted the recipe to show the changes.
Baked Chicken Tortellini
- 2 16 ounce package of fresh cheese tortellini (found in the refrigerated section)
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 4 cups (about 4 chicken breasts) chicken cut up into bite size pieces
- Salt and Pepper
- 6 green onions finely chopped, white and green parts
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 24 or 26 ounces (3 cup) chicken broth
- 1 3/4 cup sour cream
- 4 Cups shredded Monterey jack or Mozzarella cheese
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Salt and Pepper the chicken and brown for 1-2 minutes. Add the green onions, cooking until chicken is done.
- Sprinkle flour over mixture and stir to combine. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Add chicken broth and stir until thickened. Mix in sour cream until mixture is creamy and slightly thickened.
- Spray a large baking dish with cooking spray and add the tortellini. Sprinkle half the cheese over tortellini. Put cooked chicken/sauce mixture on top and sprinkle remaining cheese over the top.
- Bake covered with tin foil at 350 for 30 minutes, uncover and bake for additional 15 minutes until bubbly and golden brown around the edges.
Source: My Kitchen Cafe