I whipped these up the other night to go with the Chicken Milanese. I love the combination of goat cheese, sun-dried tomatoes and basil. I toasted up the slices of Italian bread and I must tell you the awful truth of that night. I put the slices of bread under the broiler and turned my back. I know better but I couldn’t help myself. I started chopping up the tomatoes while having a nice conversation with my kids. The next thing I knew I was smelling burnt bread. I was able to salvage 8 slices of bread so we could enjoy this wonderful cheese spread. I don’t add any salt to this because the goat cheese and tomatoes have enough salt and any more would be too much.
Your tip of the day: DO NOT turn your back on bread you have toasting in the oven!
Goat Cheese Spread w/Sun-dried Tomatoes and Basil
- 1 loaf Italian Bread sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1-2 cloves of garlic cut in half
- 8oz Plain goat cheese
- 3 tbs chopped sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 2tbs chopped fresh basil
- Dash of pepper
1. Set rack to top shelf and toast both sides of the bread under the broiler, flipping them over once. When nice and browned take them out and set on plate.
2. With the cut side of the garlic rub it onto the hot bread. You will notice the garlic melts a bit on the toasted bread.
3. Mix together the goat cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, pepper and basil.
4. Spread the cheese mix on the toasted bread and enjoy.